Thursday, February 6, 2014

Experimenting With Fish... Blackened Salmon

I have recently decided that we need to incorporate fish into our diets and have tried a few recipes and not loved any as much as this one. We have made this recipe twice now and it is definitely one of my favorites as I do not like fish that tastes fishy... While the ingredients sound like this will be really spicy it really isn't, it is actually balanced quite nicely. We usually pair it with steamer vegetables and rice-a-roni but I would would use whatever sides sound good to you. Warning: when you are "blackening" the fish it will sting your nose a bit.

I took this from the web since I forgot to take a
picture but this is how it should look. 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp paprika
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter (I'm sure you can use salted and be fine)
Juice of one lemon
**optional: lemon to squeeze on top
4 6-ounce salmon fillets skinned (We only use three)

Directions: 
Heat oven to 400° F. 
In a shallow bowl combing the spices. 
In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the lemon juice. 
Working with one salmon fillet at a time, dip the top and bottom halves first in the lemon butter, then in the spices. 
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon until blackened, about two minutes per side. 
Transfer to oven (if skillet is oven proof use that, or move to a baking sheet) and cook for 8 minutes. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment