Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My all time favorite way to cook asparagus

I love asparagus but whenever I have had it in a restaurant it has been boiled... ick! So here is my oven method that I found the very first time I ever made it! I would eat this over french fries any day!

Set your oven to 400° F

To prepare the asparagus rather than cutting the ends, which can leave some of the hard woody part, I break them. Simply hold onto each end of it and bend it till it snaps this will ensure that you are left with only yummy tender asparagus and no hard woody stuff!

Rinse it well and make sure it is mostly dry (I have left it wet and it doesn't hold the oil and seasoning well).

Lay them on you cookie sheet or whatever you want to cook it on and drizzle about 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on it (enough to coat all of the asparagus). Then sprinkle salt and pepper and toss them around to make sure all are coated well.

Finally spread them out so they are flat on the pan on pop them into the oven. I suggest 5-10 minutes or until it is a darker green and fragrant, you can also test with a fork for the desired crispness but I like mine on the crispy side and it is so flavorful. *You don't want it to turn brown or it will be soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment